Driving a car brings with it a great deal of responsibility. When you get behind the wheel, you are taking not only your own life into your hands, but also those who are on the road with you. Auto insurance is mandated by most states, and this law can stress many people out, simply because they are unsure if they have the correct coverage that meets the state’s minimums and fits their budget. Sutherin Insurance specializes in ensuring that their clients have what they need at a price that they can afford.
Things happen. From another vehicle pulling out in front of you to drivers who are under the influence to theft and more.If you do not have auto insurance, you could be liable for not only replacing your vehicle, but also any medical costs for you and anyone that you may have injured.
It is important to understand the coverage that is offered. You have a choice of a few different policies.
- Liability Coverage : This is the minimum coverage that anyone needs. If you are found at fault for an accident, this insurance will cover expenses that are involved, including 3rd party injury or death of another driver, passenger, or pedestrian, as well as property damage that may occur.
- Collision Coverage : This type of policy covers damage or destruction to your vehicle due to an accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage : This covers any damage or loss of your vehicle due to storms or theft.
- Medical Payments Coverage : If you or passengers in your car are hurt due to an accident, this coverage will take care of funeral or medical expenses.
- Personal Injury Coverage : If you or passengers are injured, this can cover medical expenses, in addition to other expenses, such as lost income, etc.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage : This type of coverage takes care of repairs or expenses if the other driver is at fault and is driving without insurance or does not have enough coverage to take care of your expenses.
Be sure that your auto insurance policy works for you and your specialized needs. Some additional coverage you want to consider are:
- Personal Umbrella Policy : This type of coverage offers additional financial protection against judgements or liability claims, once the auto insurance liability limits have been exceeded.
- Rental Car Reimbursement : This policy reimburses you if your car is in the repair shop due to a “covered” accident.
- Towing & Labor Coverage : This type of policy covers the cost of such roadside problems such as jump starts, towing, tire changes, and more.
- Motorcycle, ATV, and Recreational Vehicle Insurance
Sutherin Insurance is available to help you find the right auto insurance policy for you and your needs. No matter what type of car that you have or where you live, you want to be sure that you have the right insurance to cover your needs now and in case of an accident. Call Sutherin-Melling Insurance today.